Unhappy By Default
Have you ever bought into the “I’ll be happy when…” attitude? Sadly, I have far to often in my life. You see, I was unhappy by default.
- I had failed to act more on the things in life that made me happy and defaulted to the every day and mundane.
- I neglected to notice the blessings in my life, but rather, I paid more attention to the negatives and the things my life lacked.
- I failed to act in ways that generated happiness. Sure I was very active in life, and I was doing a lot of things I love. But I failed to play an “active role” in creating happiness. I failed to deliberately look for happiness.
“It requires some effort to achieve a happy outlook on life, and most people don’t make it.”
— Gregg Easterbrook
Happy on Purpose
Thankfully I decided to be Happy On Purpose! I realized that happiness wasn’t something that could only be attained only after I achieved “this” or I achieved “that.” Rather…
happiness is something that has always existed and I just needed to choose to tap into happiness.
I purposely looked for the blessings in life. I paid more attention to life’s little blessings and learned that as a whole they really add up to one great blessing.
- I paid more attention to the laughter of children verses the tears.
- I paid more attention to the songs of the bird vs. the sound of the sirens.
- I paid more attention to the beauty of the skies vs. the trash among the viaducts.
At the same time…
- to see the joy in the sirens – help was available!
- to marvel at the wonderful healing power of tears.
- and choose to notice the abundance represented in the trash caught it the viaducts.
I realized that being happy doesn’t mean that you don’t have unhappy moments, and even unhappy days. It is a choice to know that despite life’s twists and turns life is fundamentally great.
Are You Unhappy By Default or Happy On Purpose? You Decide!
- Are You Willing to Be Happy on Purpose?
- What Can You Do to Tap Into the Abundance of Happiness that Already Exists?
- Are You Paying Attention to the Abundance of Blessings?
- Are you unhappy by default?
- What are you doing to create more happiness in your life?
Like this post? Please consider sharing it with your friends on Facebook or Google+.
Posted on Posted on May 28, 2010 under the following category: Create Happiness
Did You Enjoy This Article?
Click Here to get more FREE tips delivered right to your desktop.
And please share this with your favorite networks.
NOTICE: Comments are Dofollow and CommentLuv enabled.
Don't have a website? That's okay. The website field is optional. You may leave it blank or use your Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or any other social network URL for your website link.